Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Today

Too many things are going too wrong. Physically, mentally and emotionally all at once. DJD and arthritis cause my joints to hurt. DDD and scoliosis cause my back to hurt, which is causing failure in my right leg at this point. Mental illness is causing disjointed thoughts and actions. Younger Onset Dementia is causing escalating memory problems, which in turn result in a multitude of problems. 

I have, with increasing severity, problems with the things that Connie needs; reassurance, level-headed thought,  decision-making and the ability to remember the most basic of things. The needs someone she can depend on, and I can't. What in the hell are we supposed to do now?

I honestly don't know what to do at this point; probably maintain as is. But it seems that within a few years I'll need more care than Connie can provide; what then? Is it best to attack that problem now, and address the drastic changes that will be unavoidably necessary? I don't know? What? When?

No comments:

Post a Comment